Thursday, July 28, 2011

Doctors, Doctors, Doctors

So... I talk to my Cousin Jenny pretty frequently... well, at least maybe once a month I try to call or e-mail. I had to kind of alienate myself from her over the past year because we were both going through the same thing - trying to get pregnant and no luck. I hate to say that my jealousy takes over me sometimes. Especially since she had only been trying to get pregnant for a year before she started seeing a Fertility Specialist. I hate that I get like that, but I just get so emotional with this stupid fertility stuff. At the point she started seeing her Specialist, I had been trying for 2 and a half years. I guess it shouldn't have mattered, it's not her fault she had health insurance and the funds to afford her Specialist and I didn't. Either way... she's grown up with me, being as close as a Sister. She's pregnant now from her IVF and I hate myself sometimes because I wish I could have "manned up" and put my emotions on the back-burner so I could have been there for her while she was giving herself shots and going to the Doctor on a daily basis, but I guess I'm just a weakling and couldn't. Shows how great of a person I am :-( I have a feeling that's going to be one of those things I'm going to forever regret and take it to the grave.
Anyway... She's such a doll, a great person, friend, cousin, sister. Her Doctor, Dr. Honore, gave her the name of a Doctor in Dallas that he recommends to all his out-of-town referrals that he's un-able to see. Doctor Samuel Chantilis is his name. He's supposed to be one of the best in Texas, if not in the Country. He's been voted D Magazines best Fertility Doctor every year since 2001. I've googled this guy and HAVE TO SEE HIM. Sure enough... HE'S IN MY INSURANCE NETWORK WOOT WOOT! Unfortunately, there's a 2 months waiting list to see him :-( but, hell, we've been waiting for 3 1/2 years, whats 2 more months right? I'M SO EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment