It's amazing to go back and read the blog I first posted on here Sept. 9, 2009. It's amazing how much my life has changed since then, and how much it hasn't changed. We are still struggling to try to conceive, but it isn't such an emotional strain these days. I guess we've kind of become numb to it all. Over the past 2 years I've cried, my husband has cried, I've seen more and more people get pregnant, but thank goodness everyone understands when I somehow don't make it to baby showers. Self-Employment and not having insurance has always been the issue. On March 23, 2010 I quit selling Real Estate and went on with the US Army Corps on Engineers in their HomeOwner's Assistance Program Department, in order to hopefully get hired on full-time (I was hired as a Contractor, with no health benefits of course). It never happened. As a Contractor you make so much more as what they are willing to pay you as a permanent Employee. I was so offended at how much they wanted to pay me that I to go permanent that I immediately started looking for other employment. I did my research on different Employers that offer infertility benefits. HAH! Did that narrow down the list of prospects! I found that several parenting magazines noted Bank of America as one of the top Employers to work for due to their benefits that they offer for infertility and adoption. Luckily they were hiring... temporary staff. But, if I could just get my foot in the door, I knew I would succeed. I would do whatever it takes to succeed, for those benefits, so I can one day have Jacquelyn or Jackson. I was hired on temporary on October 18, 2010! I moved up a position within 6 weeks of employment, but still no permanent position and still no health benefits.
I'm thankful to say that July 13, 2011 was my first day as a FULL TIME PERMANENT EMPLOYEE!!! I'm thankful to say that September 1, 2011 I will officially have healthcare. I'm thankful to say that my healthcare will cover all of my InVitro.
John and I have started looking for Doctors again and are going to interview a few. We've moved to Arlington over the past couple years and made the most perfect little home for ourselves. We won't be able to see Doctor Gomez because she's about 50 minutes away from us now, but I am forever hopeful that I will find someone that will make me just as excited.
We are fighting for you little Jackie or Jack! It WILL happen!
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment